Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stages of Life

When I started this blog, I thought this could be a place for my witty side to come out. Sadly I'm scared to put myself out there - on the Web for cryin out loud! But, since no one really reads this, I'm thinking I'll try to be more myself. I'll jot down all those zingers from throughout the day. I think my biggest oposition to it is that I talk alot. My feelings are heard, so I don't always feel the need to express them here.

But, I'm facing the music on the fact that this blog has gone sorely downhill from my expectations. From now on, I'm going to keep a written journal of my thoughts so that I can post them here.

For instance... we are somewhere between the "getting married" phase and the "having a baby" phase or as I like to call it, BROKE. Every time I turn around I'm buying a gift for someone because I barely know you and you're reaching some milestone in your life.

I do this because yes, I too got married, and one day may I too will have a child, but sheesh. In your 20's you can barely afford yourself, not to mention some fine piece of crystal for a person you work with or the top-of-the line baby accessory for the girl at church who you never speak to and only comes one Sunday morning a month. So take a guess what I'm doing this week. Shopping for two wedding gifts for two different brides neither of which I know all too well because I'm so likeable or just enough likeable to invite to the shower.

Oh the joy of spending my hard earned money on others! I think that is the gift that just keeps giving.

No comments: