Monday, May 18, 2009

Adventures in Domesticity

We've all been there and we've all done that... it's adventures in the life of a Domestic Wife!! Ha! This week was full of cooking fun around our house and others.

I successfully made the bestest pork loin ever!! In the crock-pot no less, and I made my first batch of Friendship Bread as well as mastered the "oh crap I forgot that ingredient" filler on my hash brown casserole. I also had a hard time reading recipes this week too. Here's a short tale of my adventures.

Friendship Bread: Never made it before because I knew it was one of those things you have to Baby-sit and I'm high maintenance enough with out my food being high maintenance too! But, without checking the recipe - eh hum - who has vanilla pudding on hand, wait I DO! (Thanks Rob for refusing to eat the pudding I so lovingly bought for you when they removed your wisdom teeth!) Turned out super yummy. Gave my starters out and well let's just say one friends' loaf pans may never be the same. Still giggling over that!!

Salad: I made a tasty Spinach Apple Salad and the dressing too. The dressing called for 1/4 tsp of Celery Salad and Garlic, but I made it with 1 tsp of each... can't have too much Celery Salt and Garlic.... oops. Turned out amazing anyway!!

Different note all together, got a call this week from a friend at church that could easily be my mother! Love her! She called because I had given a recipe to her for fruit salsa and needed to know what Zesting meant and how to do it, because the recipe called for orange zest! Hahahaha!

What are some of your experiences in the kitchen?

No comments: